Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission for Late Breaking News is Closed
Please use Google Chrome or FireFox or Explorer (8 or up)
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.Late Breaking Submission
- The research must be new and of sufficient scientific importance to merit special consideration after the standard abstract deadline. Abstracts should describe either large clinical studies or high-impact translational research that could not be completed prior to the original deadline.
- Clinical studies must be prospective in design. Authors must justify late consideration by documenting the closure date of the study, which must be January 1, 2015 or later. Retrospective studies are not eligible for consideration in the late-breaking category.
- Laboratory-based studies are not typically considered appropriate as late submissions and must be strongly justified. Authors must specify why experiments could not be completed before the standard abstract deadline.
- Late-breaking abstracts must not have been presented, accepted for presentation, or published in any other scientific venue.
- All late-breaking abstracts must be accompanied by a brief statement from the authors documenting the reason for eligibility according the conditions above
Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types
cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
Submission of an abstract for the pediatric meeting acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official
Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by March 31, 2015 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 23rd ESPNIC Medical and Nursing Annual Congress.
Abstracts must be submitted in English.
Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as an oral presentation, an e-Poster presentation, or a poster presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
ESPNIC will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. The abstract published online will include the e-mail address of the presenting author. As a condition of submission, ESPNIC requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to ESPNIC.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- No changes will be made to submitted and accepted abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country.
Abstract title - limited to
20 words in UPPER CASE
Abstract text – limited to
250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
Abstract category– abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories
please click here.
Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.