The ESPNIC Young Investigator Award supports the development of research activities undertaken with the active contribution of the applicant. The specific intent is to provide support for young and talented physicians in their early career in the field of paediatric and neonatal and intensive care to present their research topic of their choice in front of a designated jury during an oral session at the ESPNIC Annual Meeting.
Up to 2 Awards will be granted.
Deadline to submit application: January 14, 2015
The ESPNIC Office will inform applicants by 30 March, 2015
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION
To be eligible for this award, the applicant:
- Must have an accepted abstract in the programme (Abstract Submission deadline: January 14, 2015
- Must be an ESPNIC member
- Must be aged less than 40 years
- Clear copy of ID indicating date of birth is to be included in the CV to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content of the abstract must represent original work and not presented/ or published previously
- Request for consideration must be made on the abstract form at the time of submission
- The applicant must be the first author and presenting author of the submitted abstract
JUDGEMENT CRITERIA WILL BE BASED ON:
- Scientific content of abstract
- Presentation of the abstract at the Congress
- Ability to defend the paper/results during the question time from the audience during the scientific session
- Abstracts will be selected for the Award during the Abstract review
- Selected applicants will be informed in advance and must confirm their attendance to the congress
- First Prize: EUR 1'200 Award, complimentary registration and travel expenses covered up to 500 Euro to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting and one year complimentary membership
- Second Prize: EUR 800 Award, one year complimentary membership ,complimentary registration to the next ESPNIC Annual Meeting
* Prizes are awarded at the discretion of the committee and the decisions made are final.
Winners will be announced during the Networking event at the ESPNIC Annual Meeting, and will be presented with a certificate with a letter confirming their prize.